We are happy to announce that our son William David was born January 7, 2009 at 10:17am! He weighed 7lbs 10 ozs, and is 20 in long.
I started having contractions at 4am on Tuesday. They lasted a few hours but were never regular so we didn't go to the hospital. After I made David leave the house and go to work, the contractions pretty much stopped. My dear friend Sarah suggested that I bounce on an exercise ball to help with contractions, so I spent the afternoon bouncing. At 1:30am on Wednesday I started having contractions that were 5 minutes apart, so David and I packed up and went to the hospital at 2:30am. We got admitted and all checked out, and disovered I was 6cm by 3am, and was given an epidural right away. My contractions weren't too painful but let me just say the epidural was a god send! David and I 'rested' from 3am to 8am. I say 'rested' because somebody was in our room checking on me every 15 minutes so I really didn't get any sleep. I started pushing around 8:30 and baby Will was born at 10:17am. They offered me a mirror to watch the event, but I declined. David did witness the event, and cut the cord. It was a little overwhelming having Will put on my chest and being told he was my son, but we were very excited to meet him. Especially since he was 6 days late.
Our first day/night as a family was good. We are learning how to be parents. He's really adorable, and we just love him. Both sets of grandparents are visiting us this weekend so we will have lots of help (especially with cooking!). Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It's a total cliche, but I can't really imagine loving anyone more than Will. He's perfect!
I'll post pictures after this weekend--I'm sure the grandparents will take at least one or two :-)
4 comments:
i know you are on cloud 9 right now...congratulations you guys. i can't wait to see pics!!!!
Wow, can't believe you have time to write a post!! We can't wait to see pictures and come visit. You'll have to let us know when you're feeling up for visitors :)
I must agree, you are truly a champion of blogging! I can't wait to get back and see your whole squad. congratulations!!
wahoo!
Post a Comment