Today marks the 10 year anniversary of my and David's first date. Wow, a whole decade together!! I thought it would be fitting to go down memory lane for this post...
We first met in Mrs. Scribner's freshman English class at Bishop Kelley. I thought David was really nice. He was the kind of guy who would help you out if you were confused by an assignment or, in my case, if you were talking too much and missed the directions. I remember that he came back from skiing during spring break with a huge sunburn on his face. I'm pretty sure we all laughed at him!
Throughout high school, we had a few classes together. He remembers more of the classes that we had together than I do. It wasn't until the summer after junior year that our groups of friends started hanging out together. Being mature high school seniors, we just couldn't say that we liked each other....we had to act like kids and flirt like crazy. I remember that we would undo the straps on each other's backpacks and laugh when it fell to the ground. After school I would time it so that we ended up walking to our cars together and talking. I don't think I ever told any of my friends that I liked him, but they could tell. I would get butterflies everytime I saw him!
Prom was right around the corner and everyone was talking about who they would go with. I wanted to go with David, but wasn't about to ask him! One day I was sitting in AP Psych when an office aide brought me an envelope. I opened it up and found puzzle pieces. By this time the whole class was watching me. I put the puzzle together and it said "will you go to prom with me?" There was no signature, but I figured out it was David. We past each other in the hall after class and I said "yes I will go to prom with you". We decided that we should go out before prom so it wouldn't be too awkward. Soon I started receiving emails from the address 'secretadmirer@yahoo.com' . At the end of each email, there were roses drawn in the shape of letters. I received 5 in all and the roses spelled David's name. It was so cute!! Our first date was the night before prom. We went to Boston Deli for dinner, Baskin & Robbins for dessert (I got pink bubble gum), then back to his house to play Super Mario Kart and watch Star Wars (I'll never know why we watched that movie!).
We spent the whole summer after graduation together and then we both went off to college. I stayed in Oklahoma and went to OU and David ventured out west to CU. We were able to see each other on school breaks, holidays and summers. I lived in Colorado during the summer of 2003. We started talking about marriage and the "what ifs..". David proposed to me in the Flatiron mountains on July 22, 2003. We got married a year later on July 24, 2004. It's so hard to believe that we have talked almost every single day for 10 years and haven't run out of things to talk about! Now we have entered into a new phase of life as parents and are enjoying every minute!
Here's to the next 10 years Tan :) Love, Mack
2 comments:
That's so sweet!
:)
Post a Comment