Tulsa: We did so many fun things while in Oklahoma.
*Wed: arrived in Tulsa. David's parents came over to my house and we all had dinner together. Will got lots and lots of kisses!
*Wed: arrived in Tulsa. David's parents came over to my house and we all had dinner together. Will got lots and lots of kisses!
*Thurs: Mommy got a pedicure while Will and Daddy played at Grandma's house. Auntie Meagan arrived late on Thurs night and just had to peek at Will while he was sleeping.
*Fri: We woke Auntie Meagan up early so she could meet Will. They had a great time playing and laughing together. Will jumped everytime Meagan laughed--guess it scared him! The girls went to get manicures while Will slept (he seemed to sleep best when the girls weren't around!).
*Sat: Meagan, Mom, Pam and I went to the Madonna House Tea and Fashion Show in downtown Tulsa. Will stayed home with Daddy, Grandpa and Grampie. Again, he slept great! Sarah, her daughter Hannah, and our friend Marcus came over to meet Will. Will just stared at Hannah as she crawled around the house. I think he was jealous! David and I went on a date to Hideway Pizza and Braum's. Love the food in Tulsa!!
*Sun: The big day--baptism! The baptism was at St. Benedict's Church where David and I were married. Fr Matt officiated and he was the same priest who married us 4 1/2 years ago. The ceremony was short and sweet and Will did great! He only cried when the water was poured onto his head. After the ceremony everyone went back to the Tanner's for a little reception. Will finally met Juliet and Ella (babies of my friends). It was a great time to talk with people and have them meet Will.
*Mon: David and I couldn't leave Tulsa without having lunch at Camille's! While we were there we saw a whole table of former Kelley English teachers including Mrs. Rollins! Sorry Sarah, I didn't talk to her! My family came over to the Tanners to say goodbye to Will as Meagan was leaving to head back to Philly. The weather was beautiful so we took Will outside to experience grass for the first time. He loved it!
*Tues: Time to leave!
*Mon: David and I couldn't leave Tulsa without having lunch at Camille's! While we were there we saw a whole table of former Kelley English teachers including Mrs. Rollins! Sorry Sarah, I didn't talk to her! My family came over to the Tanners to say goodbye to Will as Meagan was leaving to head back to Philly. The weather was beautiful so we took Will outside to experience grass for the first time. He loved it!
*Tues: Time to leave!
Leaving Tulsa: David and I were so nervous for this flight! But Will did fantastic!! He drank his bottle, played, laughed, and slept. Thank goodness!! Everything went so smoothly with this flight that we knew the good luck couldn't last....as we were driving out of the airport my car died. Thankfully we were able to make it to the service station and have a mechanic look at it. It took about 90 mins. The saving grace was that Will was in a good mood and played while we waited to see what was wrong with the car. After about an hour, he started to get cranky and we realized that he had pooped all over his clothes. So I took him into the gas station to change him. Then he really got mad as he was hungry but there was nowhere to feed him. David had to rent a car to get us home as the shop didn't have the part that was needed to fix my car. It was the longest day ever, but we made it home in one piece.
Auntie Meagan and Will. She kissed him all weekend long!
Sarah and I have been friends for a long time! It's so fun that we have kids around the same age.
Marcus, Sarah, Hannah, me, David, Will
Mom, Meagan and I at the tea.
Parents and Godparents (my dad loved being called "the Godfather"!)
"Why are you pouring water on my head?!"
The Godmother putting on Will's Catholic cape.
Look at those legs!
Future Boy Scout
Reading a new book
4 comments:
Nothing like pooping all over your clothes to finish a fantastic trip. :) I had such a great time- 4 weeks from tomorrow we get to do it again in Boulder! Love you guys.
I love all the pics. Missing you guys!
Thanks for posting the story and pictures! Sounds like a great trip, despite some bumps along the way. That's great that you all were able to see Marcus and Dawn,too.
Here's a fun fact about Baptism: because it removes original sin, bestows the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, and incorporates the person into the Church, the mystical body of Christ, every Christian's supernatural life has its roots in Baptism. That's why when asked what was his most powerful experience of God during his lifetime, Pope John Paul II, with all of his miraculous encounters, said it was his baptism. I hope you all are doing well! Happy Easter Season!
I am so glad I finally got to meet your sweet baby boy. Ella thinks he is super cute too :) I'm glad your trip home was relaxing and smooth.
Post a Comment