Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8 months

How did my baby become 8 months old already?! He's had a very busy month and has had lots of fun "firsts". He's starting to grow hair (not just peach fuzz anymore!). He loves to eat his baby food especially oatmeal. We have started finger foods, but he gags himselves everytime something gets near his throat. While we were at the lake, Will discovered the ottoman...he loved standing and holding onto it so much that I went out and bought a cheap one for our living room. He loves to stand and bang on it.

*Will had his first trip to the zoo last week. We went with my friend Karen and her daughter Megan. Will had a hard time seeing the smaller animals, but got excited when he saw the big ones like elephants and giraffes. He really liked looking at the aquatic animals as they move fast and are brightly colored (maybe we have another marine biologist in our family?!?).

*David took Will on his first Father and Son hike this weekend. They "climbed" a mountain in Boulder. David is very excited about future Boy Scout trips and hikes.

*On Sunday, we ran the Coal Creek Crossing 5k. David (and Will) finished in 32 mins and I finished in 34 mins. I was so proud of all of us! Will didn't really enjoy being stuck in the stroller, but he didn't complain too much. I'm running another 5k this coming weekend in Denver. It's called the "Fans on the Field" race and it runs through the locations of the pro sports teams in Denver (football stadium, basketball court and baseball field).

*Will starts swim lessons on Saturday. It's a 4 class session at our local rec center. He loves to swim so I know he'll enjoy the lessons. Tomorrow we are going to storytime at the library. Will isn't a big fan of sitting still so we'll see how it goes :)



1 comment:

Meagan said...

Yay Will! I'm so proud of him- I didn't do my first 5K until I was 18. He beat me by doing it at 8 months!! Love the pics- give him kisses and tickles for me. Love Auntie Meagan