We have been having such a great time with Will!
*He has teeth!! His bottom two teeth came in about 2 weeks ago and he's starting to get his top teeth. I was really nervous about the whole teething thing because I've heard horror stories, but Will hasn't had too much pain. I already miss his toothless baby grin, but love looking at his tiny baby teeth. Don't stick your fingers in his mouth as they are very sharp! (Right David?!)
*We took Will on his first hike in the mountains yesterday. David and I love going to the mountains in the fall to see the Aspens changing colors. Will did okay on the drive up and was very glad to get out of the car. David put him in the backpack carrier and we walked around for a bit. We tried getting some pictures of him in front of the Aspens, but all he wanted to do was eat the leaves. He's such a boy!
*Will started music class this morning. It's Monday mornings for 8 weeks. It's a small class which is great. His friends Megan and Ezra are also in the class. Today all he wanted to do was play with his socks, but he was having fun watching everyone sing and dance.
*David went on a business trip to Toronto last week. This was his first trip in quite a while. During dinnertime, I put Will in his highchair and he eats Puffs while David and I eat. Each time I handed Will a Puff, he would cry huge alligator tears and look towards the door looking for David. It was the saddest thing ever! Then at bedtime, he cried for a long time because David usually does the bedtime routine with me. Thankfully David was only gone for 2 nights, but it was a looonngg 2 nights. My mom claims that when I was little, I would cry at the dinner table when my dad was out of town and would say "I can't eat my peas because I miss Daddy too much!!". I'm guessing that only worked once or twice because I remember eating alot of peas when I was little.
*Will started swim lessons last Saturday. It's a 4 week session. I'm glad we didn't pay alot for the classes because it's basically just playtime in the water. But he's learning how to kick and blow bubbles...if only he would stop drinking the pool water!
*Each Wednesday we head over to the library for baby storytime. There are so many babies there! Will loves to watch them crawl and walk around. He usually pulls at least one baby's hair or ear when we are there. Last week we met a few very nice moms and babies. *Nerd Alert--each time I meet a nice mom who has a baby around Will's age, I give her my Mommy Card which has my email address on it so we can arrange playdates. I get made fun of for it, but have made alot of new friends!
*I decided that I'm going to start doing things that aren't mommy related...the first thing is joining the Zeta Tau Alpha alum group. Our first event is this Saturday with a brunch in Boulder. I'm sure it's going to be all older ladies, but it will be fun to chat about college life for a while.
*David and I have started updating a few things in our house. Our first project is the master bathroom. We got a new shower curtain, new light fixture and new sink faucet. We removed the towel rod and hung hooks up in it's place. We have a long list of things we want to replace so if anyone has any Lowe's coupons, send them our way!
Swim lessons
He loves to smile for the camera now.
David and Will
Checking out the leaves with Mommy
"Hmm, should I eat this?!"
Best shot we could get...someone didn't want to be held any longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment