Friday, May 23, 2008

Last day of school!

The past 10 months have all led up to this day--the last day of school! It's been a great school year, but I'm so ready for it to be over. Yesterday we had our kindergarten graduation ceremony. It was so cute--they all dressed in caps and gowns and received dipolmas. The parents were very impressed. My class gave me a gift card to a spa. I will defintely be using it this summer!! But I guess I have to be careful about what kind of massage I get since I'm pregnant.
The whole family is coming into town this weekend for the Bolder Boulder. I'm super bummed because I won't be able to run it this year so I'll just walk with David. I was training up until a month ago but then got too tired to run anything longer than 1 mile. I really wanted to be the kind of pregant girl who could still run and be really active. Maybe next time! We are going to spend the weekend eating, hiking, sight seeing, and having fun. My cousin Andrew is coming out for his first trip to CO. It's always fun to take a newbie to the mountains. Fingers crossed he doesn't get sick!
Anyone have fun summer plans? We are going to Tulsa in June and Florida in July. David will also be going to Greenland, but I won't be joining him.
Hope you are having as great a day as I am!

1 comment:

Ella Drew said...

People really underestimate how much harder it is to do the same physical activities you did before you were pregnant. If you can just do 1/4th of what you did before you'll be fine. I decided to ride bikes with a friend on Riverside at 4 months pregnant..we stupidly rode 12 miles and I nearly died while my non pregnant friend simply pedaled along without a bead of sweat on her brow.
Can't wait to see you when you come to T-town!