Monday, November 3, 2008

Omaha

We spent the weekend in Omaha, Nebraska visiting friends. There were 4 couples there- Sarah and Chad (and Hannah) from Kansas, Dawn and Dominic (and Juliet) from Oklahoma, us from Colorado, and Marcy and Nick from Nebraska. 3 of the girls went to middle school together, 2 of the boys went to middle school together, 6 of us went to high school together and 4 of us went to college together. Whew, that's alot of history!

We arrived at Marcy and Nick's on Friday night. We were the first to arrive so the 4 of us were able to chat for a bit. It's always fun to hear about other people's lives in different states. Then David and I got a lesson in guitar hero (I have no future as a band member!). Dawn and Dominic arrived really late Friday night--so we basically said hi and good night to them. Sarah and Chad came in on Saturday. The weather in Omaha was perfect (even though the boys never actually left the house on Saturday to experience it!). The girls pretty much stayed upstairs talking while the boys watched every football game possible. The big game was Saturday night (OU-Neb) which was pretty much over after the 1st quarter when the score was 35-0. Everyone left around noon on Sunday. It was a great weekend to catch up with old friends and create fun memories. Plus I was able to watch Sarah and Dawn be moms so that helped for the future. They made it look really easy!

This trip marked the last one that David and I will take without a child. I'm really glad that I was able to spend it with great friends. The next time I see them, I'll be a mom!!

No comments: