Sunday, June 7, 2009

5 months!

Will is 5 months old today! To celebrate we went swimming at the rec center. He loves his baths so we figured he'd enjoy swimming and we were right! He didn't really know what to do and just watched all of the other kids running around. We are getting ready for Grandma and Grandpa's pool in Tulsa in 3 weeks. Will is doing great on all of his milestones--he's able to sit up without support, touch his toes, laugh, smile, "talk", grab and reach for things. We started food last week and he wasn't too interested in plain rice cereal--too bland--so the doctor suggested adding fruit to it. We chose peaches to mix in and he loves it! This morning was the first time I couldn't get the food to his mouth fast enough! We are going to try bananas next.

We went to the library this week and signed up for the summer reading program. Isn't it cute that they have one for infants?! Will needs to have 10 books read to him and then he gets a new book from the library. I'm all about free stuff and we read every night already so it's perfect!

Last week I started babysitting/tutoring a little boy. He was in my kindergarten class and I tutored him last summer also. He comes every Wednesday. His name is Dylan and he's wonderful with Will. He's always asking about him and wanting to play with him. I think he's a little disappointed that Will can't really do anything besides sit up and chew on stuff, but they have fun together. It gives me a good idea of what life would be like with a second grader and a baby--crazy!

No comments: