Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sadie


I've been in Tulsa for the past week visiting my family. Meagan and Rhett were here over Labor Day weekend. We all had a great time catching up and hanging out together. They both left on Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday evening, Sadie (our dog) was rolling on the carpet when she all of a sudden started having a seizure. I was the only one in the room who saw it. Throughout the night and into Wed, every once in a while her back legs would start to spasm a little and she'd fall over. Then last night she had a really bad seizure and peed on the carpet. My mom made a vet appointment for this afternoon, but then Sadie had another seizure this morning and Mom decided to take her in for an all day observation. She just called with news from the vet and it's not good at all. There could be three things wrong: tick born illness, cancer, or something else I can't remember. Basically her red blood cells are attacking her body. The vet is doing one final x-ray and then we'll have to decide what to do. I really hope she's not in pain right now. She is a great dog. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: