Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baby class

We had our first childbirth class last night. It's a 4 part series. The instructor seems really nice and laid back. There are about 9 couples in the class (6 of which are having boys!). Last night was spent getting to know everyone and figure out what we wanted to learn in the class. Then we watched The Video. David and I were subjected to a childbirth video in high school so I was prepared for what to expect and was surprised that the high school one was more graphic than this one was. The video did make me want the next 77 days to go by really slowly....I think I was more freaked out than David was. Other than the childbirth class, I signed us up for 4 other classes: breastfeeding, happiest baby on the block, baby class that goes over the first few weeks of life, and hospital tour/registration. We need all the help and advice that we can get!

We spent the weekend in Minnesota for David's cousin's wedding. The weather was gorgeous up there and the trees were changing colors. I thought it would be a nice place to live, until David reminded me of the winters. So I guess we'll just settle for visiting every once in a while! It was fun to see family that we haven't seen in a few years. We slacked on the picture taking and didn't get one of us together so I can't show you what I wore. Oops!

This weekend we are going to the pumpkin patch to pick the biggest, orangiest pumpkin out there! I love this time of year :-)

No comments: