I voted last night! Boulder County encourages people to do mail-in ballots and we received ours about 2 weeks ago. Yes, it sat on the kitchen table for 2 weeks, but that's beside the point. I got motivated last night and read the ballot information book and filled out my ballot. Now I just have to mail it! The "I voted" sticker was even included in the envelope so I'll wear that on the real election day. This was my first time to vote for President. I became an American citizen exactly 4 years ago on November 4, but it was past the registeration deadline for that year. So this was a big deal for me! I feel good that my voice will be heard...now we'll just have to wait until Nov 4 to see who wins. (that's also the last night of our baby class, so we'll have to wait in anticipation while learning about birth.)
I've been a reading machine lately! I finished all 4 books in the Twilight series. They were okay, but I'll still go see the movie when it comes out. Last night I finished "The Heretics Daughter" which is about the Salem witch trials. They beginning was a little slow, but it was fascinating to read about that time in our country's history--so scary! It brought back memories of listening to the Crucible play in high school. Today I'm going to start the new Nicholas Sparks book, "The Lucky One". Man, I love the library!! I still have 2 other books plus baby books sitting on my night table so I think I'm good for a while.
We watched the dumbest (and crudest) movie last night--Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It seemed to go on forever! Don't watch it if you don't enjoy hearing the F word in every sentence.
This weekend is going to be a relaxing one. We don't have any big plans other than just hanging out. The weather is going to be beautiful so we'll probably be outside with the dog. Next weekend is Omaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment