Friday, December 26, 2008

Less than a week to go!!

I can't believe that Christmas is over! David and I had a wonderful time celebrating the holidays in Colorado although we did get off to a rough start. We went to Christmas Eve mass only to find that it was overflowing with people. We had to sit in the foyer and weren't able to hear anything. Then we tried taking pictures in front of the Christmas tree and our camera fell off the chair and broke. We had filets for dinner, but the oven was heating up too fast and the smoke alarm kept going off. After dinner we drove around looking at lights and then watched a Christmas movie in bed. Waking up on Christmas morning was a little strange as it was just us and Cody. But we made cinnamon rolls and eggs and started opening gifts. Our families were very generous this year and we were given some great things. David got me a Chi flatiron which is going to take me a while to get used to as it's super hot! I got him some new shoes as his were falling apart! Baby Will got clothes, toys, and a really nice baby book. All in all, it was a great Christmas!

Last night we went to the movies to see "Marley and Me". I'm a complete dog lover so I was super excited to watch it. The puppies were so cute! The movie was hilarious (especially because we have Cody to relate to!), but be warned that the ending is really sad. I think I used 6 tissues and even David cried. But I'd recommend that people see it.

I had a dream last night that we brought Will home on Jan 2nd. So maybe that means he'll actually be born on his due date of Dec 31 (I changed the "official" due date from 1/1 to 12/31). I had a little progress when I saw my doctor last week, but nothing too exciting. I go back on Friday if I'm not in labor. Then we'll schedule a date for induction. For the past 9 months, I kept using Christmas as a get through date- "I just have to get through Christmas and then I can have a baby". Well, that time has come and passed and now I'm totally freaked out about everything! Are we ready? (too late now!). Do we have everything? (we can always go to the store later). David has been good about calming my fears, but they still pop up!

I have everyone's email addresses and I'll send out an email or post on the blog whenever we go to the hospital.

2 comments:

Ella Drew said...

are you in labor yet? just kidding...kind of :)

Lauren said...

Whew! You are almost there!! With Ethan I remember driving in the car 2 weeks before my due date and I just started crying. Brian was like- WHAT IS WRONG? I told him I was terrified of having this child. He informed me it was too late to change that now :) I totally know how you feel.