I had my first prenatal appointment today. I had this crazy fear that the doctor would check me out and then tell me that I wasn't actually pregnant. But this didn't happen and she confirmed that I am in fact with child! The best part was that I was able to have an ultrasound done. Peanut was so tiny and cute! I thought I would be like Rachel on Friends and not be able to see that baby, but I could actually see him/her very clearly. I even got a printout to show David when he gets home. The doctor said that the heartbeat was fast (which could mean a boy), but it's way too early to tell. From day one I've felt that it's going to be a boy even though I'd love to have a girl first. Plus it seems like everyone I know has a girl so I'll be the different one and have a boy. But either way we are so excited!! When David gets home I'll have him scan the picture in, but until then you'll just have to wait!
Oh yeah--the official due date is 1/1/09.
Have a fabulous weekend!
1 comment:
Just so you know it is more common for girls to have the fast heart rate...although it's a total myth. The myth is girls are fast and boys are slow. So you might get that little girl first after all :)
Post a Comment