Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Living on Tulsa Time

Hi all! Sorry for the long absence. I'd love to say that I was super busy doing exciting things while David was gone, but that's just not true. I slept alot, watched tv, visited friends, and just relaxed. It was great! I even saw 2 movies-"Sex and the City" and "What Happens in Vegas". Both good flicks. But now David is home again and things are back to normal. Cody (our dog) has finally stopped barking all day so that is good for everyone especially our neighbors! David got home late Saturday night from Greenland. He didn't see any wild life--unless you count the muskox heads that some hunters left on the ground. I'll spare you those pictures. Right now David is at an interview at NOAA in Boulder. He also has another interview next week for a company in Golden. Fingers crossed!!

Tomorrow we are flyingto visit family in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It's going to be hot, humid, and sweaty, but I'm excited. I never really appreciated the city of Tulsa while I lived there. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and great friends, but it can get boring living in the same city for years and years. Then I went to Norman for college and saw what it was like to live in a small town. It made me like the 'big city' alot more! Tulsa is so different from where we live in Colorado. It's hard to explain how it's different other than the mountain views. I really want to take all of my CO friends back to OK to visit. But no one ever wants to go with us!! I think they are scared :) But once they spend time on Grand Lake, they'll change their minds!

Just in case you wanted an update on Peanut....things are going well. I'm 11 weeks on Thursday and almost finished with the first trimester! Still no morning sickness (knock on wood). I haven't gained any weight, but have noticed that my pants are a bit tight around the waist. It's killing me that I can't go shopping for a new summer wardrobe. But I will survive!

Have a great week :)

No comments: