Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are back in Colorado after spending a few days in Oklahoma. We had a great time visiting family and relaxing. We spent the weekend at the Tanner's lake house on Grand Lake. It's a great place to relax and catch up on sleep! The relaxing came easy as we drove around the lake on the boat and lounged by the pool, but the sleep was a bit harder to achieve. If you have ever been in a Mid-West thunderstorm then you can totally relate, but if you haven't experienced one let me explain it to you. First the temperature will fall about 10-20 degrees as the sky gets very dark. Once you are just about to fall asleep, a bolt of lightning will flash in your eyes waking you up. Then the rain will start--softly at first and then it comes down in buckets. Maybe some hail, but not always. The best part of the storm is the thunder. It's incredibly loud. Like wake you up, make you fall out of bed, shockingly loud. Combine all of that with the lightning and you have the makings of a terrible night's sleep. Oh and if you are really lucky the tornado sirens will go off and you'll have to go to your shelter. Love that! Needless to say, David and I were both every excited about sleeping in our own bed last night!

While in Tulsa I went shopping for maternity clothes. I don't really need them yet as most of my stuff still fits or I can just use a rubberband to hold them up, but there are no maternity stores near me in CO. So Mom and I went to the mall in Tulsa. I found some really good sales and some cute clothes. So now I feel alot better about transitioning out of my regular clothes. I have another appointment on Monday when we'll get to hear the heartbeat! So exciting!

No comments: