If you really know me, you know that I don't cook. At all. Not even eggs. Our deal when we got married was that I would clean and David would cook. So far that's worked out great! My job is to choose the recipes and write the shopping list. Easy enough. Well I don't know if women develop domestic genes when they are pregnant, but all of a sudden I enjoy cooking. Now don't get me wrong- I still hate the sight and feel of a raw chicken, pregnant or not. But I just spent the last few hours in the kitchen preparing ribs. We were going to have them for dinner tonight and David mentioned that I should make sure we had all of the ingredinants. I started to look at the recipe and noticed that you are supposed to marinate the ribs before baking. So it was up to me to open the package, take out the ribs, make the marinade and pour it on. I had to close my eyes a few times, but I did it! After that I decided to make some pasta salad. And last night I made cookies and cream brownies (hmm...no wonder I've gained 5 lbs so far!). I'll let you know how the ribs turn out. They are from the Trisha Yearwood cookbook which my mom waited in line at Borders to get autographed for me!
I had my 2nd doctor appt today. David came with me. We met the doctor and love her! She's young and very energetic. She answered all of my questions and I feel very comfortable with her. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. So cool! It was 150 beats (I guess that's how you'd say it). The range is 110-160. I know I blogged about what the heartbeat could mean, but I'm not saying that anymore. I'm going to be patient and wait 8 more weeks to find out the gender. We started registering for baby items. So overwhelming! My current obsession is finding a stroller. We've read all the reviews and keep changing our minds. All baby advice is welcome! (positive only!).
Only 2 weeks until our Florida vacation :)
No comments:
Post a Comment