One of the reasons I love Facebook and Myspace is because they help you reunite with old friends. Some might say that if you haven't kept in touch over the years, then maybe you aren't really friends. But I completely disagree with that idea. I am now able to chat with friends who I truly thought had been lost in the whirlwind of life. Maintaining friendships gets harder as you get older. There's work to deal with, spouses, children...so many obstacles! Plus it doesn't help if you live in a different state than most of your high school/college friends. There's a country song that talks about finding out who your real friends are in times of need. I often wonder who would come to my aid if, God forbid, anything ever happened. I have a pretty good idea, but people can surprise you sometime (good and bad). When I announced on Facebook that we were going to have a baby, I was elated to see how many people wrote to congratulate us. It was very heartwarming. Another thing I love about friendships is how you can take a break from each other for a few days or even years, but after one phone call or email, you can be friends again. It takes work and you might not be at the same place as before, but you can try to get there. So I dedicate this blog post to all of my friends who have been there for me in small ways and big ways. Thank you for the emails, phone calls (when I actually answer!), texts, and dates. I love David, but every girl needs a little girl time every now and then. I know that having a baby will change some friendships, but I know in my heart that the people who are supposed to be in my life will remain. Feel free to email, text or call anytime! Better yet--come visit :)
*I would like to apologize for being a crappy phone friend. I think having a long distance relationship for 5 years and only talking on the phone has really affected me. So please don't take it personally if I don't spend hours talking to you. I just hate the phone sometimes :) But I'm a great emailer!
No comments:
Post a Comment