I decided last week that I really need to start working out. Before finding out I was pregnant, I was into running. I could run up to 4 miles a day! But with the passing out problem I have, I don't want to risk hurting myself or Peanut. So today I went to my first pre-natal water aerobics class. My mom said that one of the teachers at her school was doing it and I checked into it. Tons of people do pre-natal yoga, but I'm not really calm enough to do something like that. The class was really small and the women were in all different stages of pregnancy. One of the girl's due date was yesterday and she was there! I'd be in bed if I was her. I don't know if anyone has ever done water aerobics before, but it's actually a workout. You think that because you are in water, it won't be hard....but it can be! We did some exercises with noodles and weights. I'm totally going to feel it in my arms tomorrow. But I guess that's the whole point!
In other baby news....I felt Peanut kicking me last night! I had a piece of cheesecake for dessert and was reading on the couch when I felt a little poke. Then another...and another. I couldn't decide if he/she liked the dessert or was telling me to stop eating it. It's too early for David to feel the kicks on the outside. I'm sure it's going to feel so odd when Peanut really starts moving. So cool! In 2 weeks we find out the gender. I'm trying not to get too excited because there's a chance that he/she will be shy and hide the goods. Fingers crossed that he/she's not shy!!
We went crib shopping on Saturday. We went to 5 stores and none of them had anything that I liked. There are a few online that I like, but we'd like to check it out in person before buying it. As of right now it looks like we are just going to have to take our chances and decide on one without seeing it. David likes to look at all the bolts and springs and stuff. I, on the other hand, just care what it looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment