Growing up in Oklahoma, I saw a lot of cowboys and country stuff. I couldn't stand country music until I was in high school. I never even thought of going to a rodeo or owning a cowboy hat. Now living in Colorado, I only listen to country, own a cowboy hat, and have been to a few rodeos. How ironic! This weekend David and I are going to Cheyenne Frontier Days with our friends Jasmine and Pete. CFD is a huge rodeo that is held in Cheyenne, Wy. It's called the "Daddy of 'Em All" and is really famous. The main reason we are going is to see Rascal Flatts perform on Saturday night. They are my favorite music group. I have all of their cds. They have been on tour for a while, but it always seemed like we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Two years ago we were in OK and they performed in Denver. Then we were in Denver and they were in OKC. I figured I'd never get to see them! But then in Dec they announced they were performing at CFD and I made it a point to get tickets. I'm so excited!!!!
I love reading. It's always been a part of my life and I feel odd when I don't have a book to read. My love of books was evident when I cleaned out my classroom this week. I brought home 5 rubbermaid boxes filled with children's books. David said that I'm not allowed to buy another book for Peanut until he/she is in high school! My favorite place to get books is from the library. One they are free and two if the book is bad, you just return it. Right now I'm reading "Before Green Gables". It's the prequel to the Anne of Green Gables series. I loved that series when I was growing up. Probably because it was set in Canada. The movie was on PBS a few months back and I watched most of it. This new book is really good. It's not by the same author, but that's okay. So far I'm halfway through the 400 pages and I just started last night. If you like Anne of Green Gables, you should read this book.
I have another doc appt on Monday. Nothing too exciting, just a check up. Peanut is doing good. Somedays you can tell I'm pregnant and others you can't. Guess it depends on what I've eaten! I'm 4 months as of yesterday.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment