Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cribs

After searching high and low, we finally found a crib that we like. My mom actually suggested it and once we looked at it, we thought it was perfect! It's a Baby Italia Pinehurst Lifetime crib in Espresso. It's at Babies R Us if you'd like to peek at it. We bought it on Sunday, but didn't get it until Monday because my Jeep was too small to fit it in. David put it together on Monday night and it's so nice looking! I keep walking into the room to look at it!

Will is going to start out in a pack 'n play in our room for a few weeks. Then we will transition him down to the guest room (which I guess I should call Will's room!). I was concerned about losing the guest room as a place for guests to sleep, but once we set the crib up in there we came up with a new idea. Originally we were going to move the bed to the garage and just have the baby's stuff in there. But now we are going to leave the bed there along with the crib. Instead of buying a nice dresser right now, we are going to get a cheap one and keep it in the closet. That way we can still have people stay with us after Will is born (don't worry--we'll bring him upstairs when you come over!). Problem solved. We are still planning on putting the house on the market in the spring. Then we can start looking for a place that will fit all of the stuff we have accumulated recently!

I have always been envious of my sister-in-law's moms group that she belongs to in Michigan. After doing some research, I learned that we have a bunch of groups here in Colorado. I emailed one of the ladies expressing my interest in joining. I thought she'd give me some information and tell me to join after the baby is born. But instead, she invited me to the Friday playgroup to meet some people and talk. She seems very excited about life as she uses a million exclamation points in her emails!!! It will be fun to start doing things with other moms as not many of my friends have kids. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Im excited about the crib and the moms' group! I hope it goes well :)