Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hospital tour

Last night we had our official hospital tour and registration. Visiting the mommy and baby floor and seeing the rooms made everything very very real! The L & D room is huge! They have all the necessary amenities: wireless internet, tub/shower, TV with dvd player, mini fridge, pull out couch for David. After the baby is born, I'll stay in there for a few hours and then we'll all move to the Mommy and Baby recovery room. It's smaller than the L & D room, but has all the same features (except that David will have to sleep on a pull out chair instead of a couch, but I don't feel too sorry for him!). My favorite feature in the M & B room is the huge room service menu--it's all about the food! Our hospital is a Baby Friendly hospital so they encourage breast feeding and rooming-in with the parents. So as soon as Baby Will is born, he's ours! I'm not sure how long we'll stay in the hospital--it all depends on how smoothly everything goes. Right now my biggest concern is what to do with Cody! He's fine staying in the car for a bit, but if it's snowing he might freeze. We have a kennel that says they can hold a spot for him, but who knows if that will pan out. I'm trying not to stress about it... Currently I'm working on packing my hospital bag. I feel like I have enough stuff to last me a week in the hospital! But I'm an overpacker so that should surprise no one :)

Today is our first big snow fall. I haven't been outside yet as it's 20F, but there's probably 1-2 inches on the ground. It took David an hour and a half to get to work today. Poor guy!

1 comment:

Caitlin Morrissey and Jake Belvin said...

If David would have ridden his bike he would have gotten there faster.